Please fill out this form and send it to the Liberal Studies Office for approval by the
Director before registering for MALS 786 – Directed Study.
Please note the following:
- Faculty instructors should be part- or full-time at Wake Forest University.
- Faculty should be informed that the Liberal Studies Program does not reimburse them for supervising directed studies.
- Faculty should inform their chair of the directed study and obtain their signature on this form.
- Directed Studies for Liberal Studies students are always MLS 786, not departmental directed studies.
- Departmental courses with numbers 300 and above may be used as a basis for a directed study if supplemented by additional readings and requirements.
- A Directed Study may not be on exactly the same topic as the student’s thesis.